Primary night is almost here, and the reporters and editors at CALmatters will be stationed across California to provide you with live updates and coverage throughout the night.
On our 2018 election blog, our team will be sharing updates on candidate reactions and what Tuesday’s results mean for the general election.
For the first time, CALmatters will provide live election results for key statewide, legislative and congressional races. Bookmark this page and come back for the election results page on Tuesday.
Additionally, CALmatters is curating a list of influential Golden State politicos on both sides of the ideological spectrum so that readers can watch for their commentary, analysis and reactions.
For coverage on the ground, make sure to follow our reporters on social media.
- Ben Christopher, campaign reporter – in San Francisco covering Gavin Newsom
- Laurel Rosenhall, political reporter, and Byrhonda Lyons, videographer – in Sacramento covering Democratic and Republican watch parties
- Julie Cart, environment reporter – in Los Angeles with Antonio Villaraigosa
- Jessica Calefati, education reporter – in the Easy Bay with Tony Thurmond
- Samantha Young, contributing writer and editor – in San Diego with John Cox
- Robbie Short, editorial intern – in Sacramento photographing voter turnout and election watch parties
And for analysis and insight from the team at HQ in Sacramento, follow:
- Dave Lesher, editor
- Dan Morain, senior editor
- Dan Walters, opinion columnist
- Trevor Eischen, audience engagement manager
Dan Morain will be writing a recap of the election night results, but there’s a good chance many of the races won’t be called until very late into the night. Not a night owl? Then subscribe to WhatMatters, Dan’s must-read daily newsletter on California policy and politics. He’ll send you a morning roundup of what you missed while you were getting some shut-eye.