In SummaryWhat's behind the new logo and new look at CalMatters? Updated tools, a larger staff and a renewed commitment to serving the 40 million people of our state.
CalMatters is your organization, created to serve you and funded by your donations. I’m proud to report that we’re taking your nonpartisan, nonprofit newsroom to a new level this week with a number of changes you can see. And some you can’t:
- A new look on our website, with a design that makes it easier to find and read the important journalism our team produces about California policy and politics.
- A new logo that reflects the sun, sky, water and land — and bright optimism — that is California. While our first logo served its purpose well, this one works in the many styles and formats — from websites to social media to video — we publish in today.
- New technology under the hood, based on the newest versions of WordPress and its Gutenberg authoring tools, in a system built for us by The News Project.
- A staff of more than 25 people, including amazing summer interns.
- New plans to cover more state issues from more parts of California in more languages. With your help, we’ll be able to do an even better job of serving the 40 million people who call this state home and pay for the governments that manage it.
Please explore our new site and let me know what you think.
With so many changes and threats to journalism these days, we’re proud to serve California in this important way. But we can’t do it without your support.
Neil Chase is Chief Executive Officer of CalMatters.
Latest in Inside CalMatters