CalMatters’ reporters Judy Lin, Julie Cart and Dan Morain discuss California’s recent blackout and what that means for the future of fires, utilities and politics.
Would you please fill out this 3-minute survey about our service? Your feedback will help us improve CalMatters.
CalMatters’ economy reporter Judy Lin, environment reporter Julie Cart and senior editor Dan Morain discuss the PG&E power outage and what it means for the future of fires, utilities and politics in the state of California.
Read more of our coverage on PG&E and wildfires:
- California’s worsening wildfires, explained
- Cleaning up Paradise as a grim anniversary nears
- What to know as California’s peak fire months loom
- This week’s wildfires and blackouts have now kept nearly a quarter-million California kids out of school
- What wildfire did to one California town’s schools in four years
- Cyber-sabotage, wildfires, weather—a web of threats to the power supply could leave Californians in the dark