Do you love pizza and democracy? Have we got a party for you!
We’re inviting people like you to host Pizza & Politics parties! Gather some friends, colleagues, neighbors, or complete strangers to eat pizza, review our trusted nonpartisan voter guide, and enjoy a civil discussion around the issues on your fall 2022 ballot.
How to throw your own Pizza & Politics party
Our CalMatters team brings you essential nonpartisan state news. Our journalism informs the community every day, and our Voter Guide helps you make important decisions every election.
Now with Pizza & Politics, we’re encouraging you to share our 2022 Voter Guide and some pizza to make critical nonpartisan information available to more people. Please share your successful parties with us so we can tell the story of participation in the election.
Your guide to the 2022 general election in California
Gather people, in-person or virtually.
Host a pizza party with your colleagues, neighbors, friends, or family.
PRO TIP: Email us your address and we’ll mail you FREE Pizza & Politics stickers that you can give out at your event!
Review the voter guide and talk through the issues.
Remind the group to keep it civil with these U.S. Courts guidelines:
- Don’t interrupt or talk over one another.
- Listen to one another, even if you disagree.
- Don’t assume what someone else means.
- Ask questions to better understand one another.
- Don’t get personal.
- Don’t make inappropriate comments or expressions.
- Distinguish between fact and opinion.
Tell us that you had a party!
Here’s what to send (host information is kept private):
- Who hosted the party?
- Who gathered? How many people? Was it a public, community or private event?
- Describe your party.
- When and where was the party? (virtual or what city?)
- Share a photo from your party.
- If you had pizza, what kind did you have?