CalMatters housing reporter Matt Levin will moderate a virtual discussion on Thursday, April 23, at 4 p.m. on what help is available for homeowners and renters struggling to make mortgage payments and rents, and what can be done to help homeless Californians while shelter-in-place orders are in effect.
- Lisa Sitkin, Senior Staff Attorney, National Housing Law Project
- Sasha Harnden, Housing Policy Advocate at Western Center for Law and Poverty
- Tomiquia Moss, founder and chief executive of All Home
Questions addressed will include:
- What options do mortgage-holders have if they can’t afford their payments?
- How does California’s eviction moratorium work, and what rights do renters have?
- How can average Californians volunteer at food banks and homeless shelters while maintaining safe social distancing protocols?
Do you have additional questions for the panelists? Submit them on the form below.